Sunday 3 May 2015

Beautiful Santa Barbara

One of my favourite places that we went to whilst on holiday was Santa Barbara.  Even though it was a 2 hour drive from our hotel in Los Angeles, it was definitely worth making the trip out of the city and up the scenic Pacific Coast Highway. 

Our first stop was the County Courthouse, chosen because of the beautiful location!  I loved seeing all the Spanish buildings in this city.

 
 
I admit that I didn't get many good photos of this outfit, sometimes you are just too busy having fun to remember to take "outfit photos."  I purchased this dress from Crush Vintage but through an Instagram preview.  It is perfect for Summer and I am glad that I decided to find out more after spotting it on the Crush Vintage Instagram page.  Sometimes it really is worth enquiring when you see a photo on Instagram!

We also visited Shoreline Park where we watched dolphins jumping over the waves!


We went for lunch at a great Mexican restaurant - Los Agaves - which I had found whilst doing some online research.  They have two restaurants in Santa Barbara and I really would recommend visiting if you like Mexican food - it was delicious and inexpensive!


We of course managed to fit in a visit to an antique mall on our trip and we stopped off at the Antique Center Mall.  The dresses were surprisingly rather expensive but I found a lovely 1950s charm bracelet and some very cool cufflinks (to go on a dress that requires some!) 

Dress: Vintage from Crush Vintage via Instagram
Sunglasses: Vintage from Vera Mode
Bag: Vintage from Etsy
Headscarf: Vintage but no idea where from

13 comments:

  1. Stunning photos! The one of the beach is amazing, the sky looks so blue. You seriously look like a movie star; that dress is amazing, and I love the scarf around your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there's something about a headscarf that makes you feel instantly glam!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, that dress is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gloriously gorgeous! You both look fantastic. That dress is pure mid-century awesomeness. Swoon!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, this dress is pretty great! :)

      Delete
  4. AH! I love that dress Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej there! How great to see that you were in Santa Barbara! I visited recently with a friend and we were a bit disappointed by all the other beaches along the way, but Santa Barbara was great! Sadly, I hav no time for vintage shopping (and only booked handluggage anyway), but we stayed in the most wonderful 1920s apartment complex. I still nee to sort through all the pictures, but I adored the modernistic and Art Deco buildings! You can check out some of it here: http://thejeffery.blogspot.com/2015/04/westcoastin-architecture-in-la.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, I'll have to check your blog post out :)

      Delete
  6. Great outfit, the dress is so very pretty. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we did have a great time, I love the Pacific Coast! :)

      Delete
  7. Great pictures. I can'r wait to make it to the US again this year. My Boss just singed my holiday paper today ... Yes, August!

    ReplyDelete