Saturday 8 November 2014

Back when it was warm...

We have been blessed with some unseasonably warm weather as of late in England but this past week there has been a sudden drop in temperature!

These photos were taken a few weeks back when it was still warm enough to wear summer dresses and sandals.

 
 
I have had this early 1960s L'Aiglon dress for some time even though this is its first outing on the blog.  It's colours are perhaps more suited to Spring rather than Autumn.


 
I don't own many of these 1950s beaded cardigans but this one matches the dress pretty well. 
 
 
When I purchased this wicker bag, I never thought about pairing it with this dress but it matches the colours perfectly.  So much so that I think it was destined to be worn with this dress!  I now can't wait until next Summer when I can wear this dress (and bag) again.
 
 
Dress: Vintage from eBay
Bag: Vintage from eBay
Sunglasses: Vintage from Vera Mode on Etsy
Shoes: Next
Cardigan: Vintage from eBay
Bracelet: Vintage from eBay
Earrings: Vintage from Etsy
 
 
 
 



11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - the outfit is matched perfectly too! I think I told you before how I love that bag and how it matches things xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect outfit! Love the yellow cardigan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the awesome purse matches your dress perfectly! wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my clothes don't always match this perfectly so I was pretty pleased with how the outfit turned out! :)

      Delete
  4. thats an absolutely fab outfit

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cardigan, I do like a beaded one. The colours in the bag are such a great match for those in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do want more of these cardigans but they're hard to find in my size!

      Delete
  6. That purse looks like it's practically made for the dress, what a perfect pairing. Love your little beaded cardigan as well. We're having our first big cold snap here in Chicago, so I'm also looking back on my late summer pics and wondering how I'll deal with the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes we had a lovely Indian Summer right until end of October then it suddenly got cold!

      Delete