Sunday 15 December 2013

Rhythm Riot 2013 Part 2

So this is the outfit that I wore on Sunday at Rhythm Riot...

 
I expected the weather to be super cold so thought that it would be a good opportunity to wear this wool dress.  I bought this on Etsy back in the summer and I only paid £25 for it!  I rarely get to buy such bargains on Etsy.  It's an Anne Fogarty and in great condition too (something I always worry about when purchasing wool dresses online.) 

 
 
 
 
I am surprised that these photos turned out OK as they were taken after only a few hours sleep.  After staying out late to see The Royal Rhythmaires on Saturday night, I got up to go the Boot Sale at 10am (couldn't manage getting there for 9am!)  The Boot sale itself was a bit disappointing because the prices were quite high for a lot of the items.  I did buy a few things (including the hat you can see in these photos.)
 
Although the Sunday Boot Sale was disappointing, the shopping in general at the Riot certainly was not!  Living in Southampton, where there are no vintage shops and the local fairs don't have a lot of pre-1960s, I felt somewhat overwhelmed at the amount of wonderful 1940s and 1950s vintage on offer.  Everything was just amazing and so as a result, I found it hard to distinguish what I liked from what I really liked!  I didn't have a huge budget either so I didn't go crazy but I did pick up some nice items including a 1940s rayon Carol Craig dress, a 1950s brown cashmere sweater, red ?Bakelite hoop earrings and a 1950s Anne Fogarty dress (which seemed as though it was destined to be mine as I was wearing the above AF dress at the time!)  My guy also found some nice items too which he was pleased about because men's vintage is harder to find, at least where we live.
 
 
 
 
Of course, everyone there looked fantastic as well!  It was really great being at an event where people appreciated the 1940s and 1950s lifestyle - from the clothes to the music to the cars.  When I go to local vintage fairs, often, I am the only one in vintage clothes, so it was nice to see everyone in lovely outfits.  I also got to meet some lovely people as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed my first Rhythm Riot and I would definitely go back!
 
Dress: Vintage from Etsy
Shoes: Office
Gloves: Vintage from Lou Lou's Vintage Fair
Bag: Vintage from Etsy
Hat: Vintage from a trader at Rhythm Riot boot sale
Brooch: Vintage from Tamara Watts at the Clerkenwell Vintage Fair
 

9 comments:

  1. Amazing dress and such a good price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! And...you're from Southampton? SNAP! It does suck for vintage fairs etc here, but I'm hopefully going to start my own up in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Southampton is a bit of a black hole... But your own vintage event sounds exciting, keep me posted :)

      Delete
  3. Great outfit, the shoes look comfortable for dancing .-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear gal, you have the best dresses! this dress is another amazing piece out of your adorale collection ... it's the perfect winter dress ... woolen, long sleeves, plaid, black purple and pink. what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many cute outfits, that are always so perfectly put together from head to toe! I really love those shoes - they look comfy and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress, such a lovely shape and good colours. Like the brooch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, would you be interested in selling me this dress? Its one of my holy grails, I can offer 100 pounds for it plus shipping!

    Please let me know, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eleanor, really sorry but I love this dress so won't be selling it at the moment! These types of dresses are hard to come by in my size. If you want to email me your email (I can be contacted on midcenturyshauna@gmail.com) then if I do decide to sell it at some point in the future, I'll know who to contact :)

      Delete