Monday 24 June 2013

Bows & Braces Vintage Fair

I recently attended the Bows & Braces Vintage Fair in Lymington, which takes place about 4 times a year.

I do love a good nautical theme and I am working on buying more navy dresses.
This hat is lovely and I think it works well with the rest of my outfit. 



This girl had a lovely 1950s dress and jacket, which her Mum made for her from a vintage pattern.  I am desperate for a 1950s dress with matching jacket/ bolero but I can't find any in my size and price range!

This fair was pretty good and unlike some other fairs, all the items were authentically vintage (or antique in some cases.)  I bought a darling vintage hat which I honed in on as it was on a hat mannequin!

I also bought some pretty flower screw-back earrings.  I have a big collection of clip-on earrings as I used to wear them a lot when I first started wearing vintage.  These days, however, I find them to be too uncomfortable and sometimes too over-the-top with my outfits so I prefer smaller screw-back styles.  The only problem is, they are much harder to find!

The Fair also had a 'Best Dressed' Competition and I happened to win!  I was really pleased as it means I have won £20 to spend at the next fair, which will take place in August.  I am sure that it won't be too difficult to find something to buy!

Dress: Vintage (Etsy)
Hat: Vintage (Etsy)
Bag: Vintage (Etsy)
Shoes: Vintage from the Hand Picked Vintage stall at The Southampton Vintage Fair
Gloves: Vintage from a Fair (can't remember which one!)

4 comments:

  1. You look amazing as always! Looks like a fun day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just another adorable outfit. love your dress and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully pretty dress and hat, sweet gal. I love navy blue and wear it often (it tends to bring more colouring to my face than black, so I really gravitate towards it).

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the best dressed! It does not surprise me as you look so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete