Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunny side up

So these are some photos from yesterday's summery outfit:




This is the only vintage knitted jumper that I own and I purchased it from Doo Wop Dolly on ebay.  I don't usually purchase vintage knitted items online because I am never sure of the sizing but the previous owner is a similar size to me so I thought it would fit ok... and it does!  I love the cute buttons on the shoulder and the bright colour.





I went to see The Great Gatsby yesterday and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the film!!  I am a fan of the book and I felt that the first two thirds of the move trivialised the story upon which it was based.  I also couldn't get my head around the modern music (and I get what Luhrmann was trying to do with the contemporary music in the film and it was a huge risk but for me it did not pay off.)  I have liked Luhrmann's previous work so it is not that I am not a fan of his directorial style but in this case, I just felt that it is not a movie I wanted to see again.  I didn't totally hate it - I thought that the actors were well cast (especially for Gatsby and Jordan Baker) and also the scenes in the Valley of Ashes were really well done. 

As I type this post, it is super sunny outside but it seems that I have decided to spend the two sunniest days of my four day weekend in the cinema!

Jumper: Vintage (eBay)
Skirt: Vintage ('Clobber Vintage' in Boscombe)
Bag: Vintage (Jukebox and Retro Fair 2013)
Necklace: Vintage (A vintage fair - I can't remember which one!)
Shoes: Aldo


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely ray of sunshine! That sweater is beautiful, I love the V pattern in the front. I'm right there with you, they are so hard to buy online (or find in real life!). Between the fit & the possibility of secret moth holes... I need to start knitting again, haha.

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. i love the skirt ... and i could go green with envy because of this gorgeous little sweater. this is what i'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete